VYN Statement of Faith
1. We believe that the Bible is the inspired and authoritative Word of God and reveals Himself through the scriptures as the one true and living God.
2. We believe that there is one God eternally existent in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that God made man and woman in His own image.
4. We believe that as a result of our disobedience, we are, sinful people and all are lost and fall short of the glory of God. Therefore we are incapable of a right relationship with God apart from divine grace.
5. We believe that Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and human beings. He was born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life and by His death, was a substitution for our sins, removing our guilt and reconciling us to God. He was dead and bodily resurrected. He ascended to the right hand of God the Father and will come again in power and glory.
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit through the proclamation of the Gospel renews our hearts, persuading us to repent of our sins and confess Jesus as Lord. By the same Spirit we are led to trust in divine mercy, whereby we are forgiven of our sins, justified through faith in Jesus Christ, and are adopted into God’s family as His children and thus receive eternal life.
7. We believe that God calls people to unite into fellowship with Christ as a body of believers. Thus he creates the one holy, catholic and apostolic church united in the bonds of love and endowed with the gifts of the spirit.
8. We believe that we are called to share the good news of Jesus Christ, make disciples, seek to carry the ministry of reconciliation, to relieve human need and to strive for social justice
9. We believe that God calls people to be co-workers in building the Kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven.